NOTE: Read why this
site appears to be in plain text.
Calling Services: Call Waiting
Never miss an important call again.
When you're on the telephone and you get another call:
- You will hear a short beep tone if the second call is local or a short beep, long beep, short beep if the second call is long distance.
- The person with whom you are talking may hear a click.
- The new caller will hear the usual ringing.
- Put the first caller on hold. When the second call comes in, you can switch between callers.
You're on the phone with a supplier but you're waiting for an important call from an out-of-town customer regarding a new order. A second call comes in and you know it is long distance because of the short-long-short series of beeps you hear. You put your supplier on hold and take the call, and get the new order! For even greater "phone control," with Caller ID you can see who is calling before putting the supplier on hold.
To answer the second call
To return to the first call
- Press the receiver, Flash or Call Waiting button once firmly and release. You will be connected with the second caller. The first caller is on hold while you are talking with the second caller.
To end either call
- Press the receiver, Flash or Call Waiting button once firmly and release.
You can switch back and forth as often as you wish by pressing the receiver button.
- Press the receiver button once firmly and release. You will be connected to the other caller. Or, hang up. Your phone will ring and you will be connected with the person remaining on the line.
Note: If you are on an important call, you may not want to be interrupted by the Call Waiting beep. In this situation, you may temporarily cancel your Call Waiting service.
To cancel Call Waiting
- Before placing your call, press *70 (Rotary customers: dial 11 instead of *).
- Listen for a dial tone and dial the phone number as usual. (You will not be interrupted by the Call Waiting signal during this conversation, and new callers WILL be directed to your Voice Mail or hear a busy signal.)
- When you hang up, Call Waiting is automatically reactivated.
If you have questions about Calling Services, please call 513-566-5050 in Cincinnati or 888-CIN-BELL in Dayton.